Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Red Tent: Anita Diamant

at Alycia Nelson's House
A great discussion! I think most everyone really liked this book.


Who was there? Michelle Olson, Jenn Whitesides, Dawnette Rhoades, Sue Layne, Alycia Nelson, Jen Hatch, Alyssa Olsen, Tiffany Sheppard, Jayne Klingler, Carrie Carson, Erika Sullivan and Sharee Poyfair. (I took this from the evite, I totally can't remember that long ago if these people were really there or not and who I'm missing!)


We ate...

Sue Layne brought
 Amy Bohn's Homemade Salsa
12-15 medium, ripe tomatoes (cut each tomato in 4 quarters: this helps keep them chunky)
3 peppers (1 yellow, 1 green, and 1 red)
1 large yellow onion
½ serrano pepper (start with less pepper just in case it is extra spicy)
2-3 limes (juiced)
1 bunch cilantro


Seasonings:
½ teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon salt (less if you want)
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon taco seasonings
1 teaspoon all purpose seasonings
1-2 tablespoons sugar


1. In food processor finely blend cilantro, onion, serrano pepper; dump into large bowl.
2. Don’t blend - just pulse the 3 peppers so that they stay chunky, then add to bowl.
3. Only pulse tomatoes about 3-4 tomatoes at a time. You want to keep the tomatoes chunky. So only quick pulses. Add to bowl.
4. Add tomatoes to peppers and onions and add all your seasonings. Combine all.
If you don’t have a food processor than dice the onions and peppers and keep the tomatoes chunky! Sometimes I switch up one lime with one lemon and that adds a good flavor, too!


Jayne and Tiffany teamed up and brought
brownies and blue bell icecream
I think they brought a White Chocolate Almond that was pretty yummy.

I think next month I'll start taking pictures - or hire Your Reflections Photography to do it. ;) Let these sisters who don't come know what they're missing out on. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the new posts! We missed Dawnette and Jenn Whitesides since they didn't end up making it.

    ReplyDelete